Because of the corporate
crises of recent years, lean experts worldwide agree that a lean culture is not immediate (it could take several years) and must start with people. Lean tools are not a necessary condition to make
your company an example of excellence (efficiency and effectiveness by creating
customer value), we must first transform people. So in this paragraph, the
first steps are for lean habits, lean games, group coaching, etc. We could say
that lean behaviours of workers in a company are a necessary and sufficient
condition for converting to a lean enterprise. Lean techniques are tools to
facilitate the way. As Bill Waddell, a famous American lean consultant, says:
"You must not look lean, you have to be lean."
1. The ten lean behaviors: the top ten corporate and personal habits to achieve
2. Lean Coaching: how to acquire the lean habits from an overview of human
intelligence and cognitive science.
3. Kaizen Conduct: for continual improvement optimism is needed, the
experimental method, write down on paper ...
4. Meditation: recover faster is Just in Time and therefore is a lean tool.
5. Lean games: play learning.
6. Standardizing operations: the first step in any situation improves it. The “know-how”.
7. Creating value: What is it? Or is it better to remove waste?
8. Creating flow: Emergence of the internal customer and analysis of the
different streams of work. (Value Stream Mapping).
9. The " 5S" to improve safety at site and the basis for
10. Critical Chain Planning: the critical activities are obsolete. The best one
11. Last Planner: metaplan technique to cooperate and meet real performance.
12. Economic Planning: cost loading is a kaizen tool.
13. Teamwork and leadership: is the hardest but most beneficial in the short
and long term.
14. Integrated Project Delivery (IPD): Vision of the Supply Chain in a Project.
15. Location-based Management System (LBMS): introduces the Flow-Line as a tool
16. Virtual Construction: the use of BIM to improve the construction of the
17. Efficient Purchasing: it is not enough to compare suppliers.
18. SAT: creation of a lean group to support and transform the contractor.
19. The Emotionally Competent Site Manager: development of emotional
competencies to implement lean approach in a project.
20. Lean cases in Spain: Spanish companies are beginning to use lean tools.